Call your mother.
Tell her you love her.
Then… I need to tell you that Mothers’ Day is barely a month away, so it’s time you start to think about the best ways to make it really special for your mama… And of course I have some amazing ideas for you!
All the businesses mentioned in the post are local to Bristol, ones I personally know and love.
- Make her breakfast in bed
- Even better – take her to Heartfelt Vintage for their famous cream tea (with home made clotted cream! seriously. divine.)
And they actually have a Sunday afternoon tea on sale, with the fabulous Kizzy Morrell soul goddess)
- Buy her flowers! Clair (Bramblewood Flowers) and Fiona (Emerald and Jade Flowers) are both local florists I worked with before – their compositions are stunning and one-of-a-kind, you really can’t go wrong with either of them
- How about a delicate parisienne ballerina print for her wall…?
- Get an old garment she loves repurposed into something new. My friend, Linda Thomas is an eco designer, whose specialty is to magically breathe new life into well loved wool and silk items.
- Pearls are always appropriate, right? I love these freshwater pearls by The Rocks Collection.
- Take her for some pampering at the heavenly Saks Beauty salon on Park Street. Donna and her team are offering a special Mothers Day package – including a Decleor facial, a massage, and a mini manicure!
- Exquisitely fragranced candles by Scarlet & Nell – the Bristol Bluebells or Roman Roses are both excellent choices
- Book a colour consultation or wardrobe edit for her with the ever so glamorous Becky Barnes Style.
- Call me and arrange a double photoshoot to have some gorgeous images with your mum. I said it before (and will probably keep repeating) how important images of and with your mother are. They can be everything you have left of them, so an experience to celebrate your relationship is absolutely priceless.
And I would love to help you with it.